Please provide us suitable title for interview.
Mandatory Questions –
- Kindly give our readers an introduction to your business. Please include what your business is all about, in which city you are located and if you have offices in multiple locations/ cities.
The Blind Guyz has been family owned and operated since the early 2000’s. We are based out of Peachtree City, GA, and service the surrounding areas of Metro Atlanta. Our business is all about helping new homeowners complete their vision and bring them privacy, as well as helping longtime homeowners revive their living space. We pride ourselves on customer care, and making sure all of our clients are 100% satisfied.
- Kindly give us a brief description about yourself (it should include your brief educational or entrepreneurial background and list some of your major achievements).
My name is Sarah Taylor and I am the operations manager at The Blind Guyz. My parents started this company when I was just a child, with a dream of their children taking over. I have successfully updated all of our policies and procedures to ensure our customers are taken care of. I have also helped bring The Blind Guyz into the digital age, making things more convenient than ever for our clientele.
- What inspired you to (start a new business venture) or (to make significant changes in an existing business)? How did the idea for your business come about?
My parents were inspired to create something that lasts in order to provide for any and all future Taylor generations. I was inspired to be a part of the family business in order to create more prosperity for all those around us. I worked in the service industry before coming on board, and I believe this has helped me put the clients first, and be able to anticipate certain needs.
- What three pieces of advice would you give to budding entrepreneurs?
The three pieces of advice I would give to budding entrepreneurs would be 1. keep records of everything 2. be organized 3. be able to see things from many different perspectives (i.e. owner, employee, customer, critic).
- What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
The top three skills needed to be successful are 1. good attitude 2. ability to accept change 3. being able to delegate
- How many hours do you work a day on average?
On an average day, I put in about 6 hours of work. The key to any successful business is good balance.
- To what do you most attribute your success?
I attribute my success to the way my parents raised me, the hardships persevered in my lifetime, and my good work ethic.
- How do you go about marketing your business? What has been your most successful form of marketing?
Social media and good ole fashion word of mouth seems to be our most successful form of marketing.
- Where did your organizations funding/capital come from and how did you go about getting it? How did you obtain investors for your venture?
My father has put his blood, sweat, and tears into this company and it’s success has depended solely on his dedication to creating a successful legacy for his children and grandchildren. He has built several successful relations through networking.
- What is the best way to achieve long-term success?
The best way to achieve long-term success is to create an amazing team and treat them well. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of you.
- Where you see yourself and your business in 5 – 10 years?
In the next 5-10 years, I would like to see The Blind Guyz expand into further territories, and have more install teams taking care of every county possible.
- Excluding yours, what company or business do you admire the most?
I admire Amazon. They took an almost obsolete business model and created one of the wealthiest platforms in today’s world.
Recommended Questions –
- How important have good employees been to your success?
Good employees are the backbone of any good company. We would not have made it as far as we have without our wonderful team supporting us.
- How long do you stick with an idea before giving up?
I am a very critical thinker, and so I take an idea and look at all of the negative and positive outcomes before moving forward at all. I try to play devil’s advocate to avoid the most hurt in the end.
- What motivates you?
The goals for my life, and my future family motivate me. I want to be successful, therefore I want to make this company successful.
- What are your ideals?
My ideals are to one day hire another me, and take more time with my family.
- How do you generate new ideas?
I generate new ideas by going straight to our clients and asking for any and all negative feedback they could provide.
- How do you define success?
I define success as creating wealth through wholesome business endeavors.
- How do you build a successful customer base?
You build a successful customer base by having an honest company, and by taking care of the staff and clientele.
- What is your favorite aspect of being an entrepreneur?
My favorite aspect of being an entrepreneur are the endless possibilities.
- What has been your most satisfying moment in business?
Being able to help my family be successful.
- What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else?
Working for yourself is empowering and terrifying. You get to call all of your own shots, but it is also you who takes all of the heat.
- What kind of culture exists in your organization? How did you establish this tone and why did you institute this particular type of culture?
- In one word, characterize your life as an entrepreneur.
Optional Questions –
- If you had the chance to start your career over again, what would you do differently?
- How has being an entrepreneur affected your family life?
It has allowed me more time at home with my family, and more flexibility with my overall schedule.
- What is your greatest fear, and how do you manage fear?
My greatest fear is living a life of regret. I manage fear by treating it as exciting new possibilities instead of anxiety.
- How did you decide on the location for your business?
The area was very up and coming, but it was also a wonderful place to raise a family.
- Do you believe there is some sort of pattern or formula to becoming a successful entrepreneur?
It is all about perspective.
- If you could talk to one person from history, who would it be and why?
- Who has been your greatest inspiration?
- What book has inspired you the most? (OR what is your favorite book?)
- What are some of the biggest mistakes you’ve made?
- How can you prevent mistakes or do damage control?
There is no preventing mistakes, just figuring out what you can learn from them. The best ‘damage control’ is taking ownership when you mess up.
- What are your hobbies? What do you do in your non-work time?
I like to play soccer, and spend time with my animals.
- What makes you happy?
My family and pets.
- What sacrifices have you had to make to be a successful entrepreneur?
- If you were conducting this interview, what question would you ask?
For more information visit us at https://blindguyz.com