1. Kindly give our readers an introduction to your business. Please include what your business is all about, in which city you are located and if you have offices in multiple locations/ cities.
Ans: We are located in Lakeville Minnesota. We are a general contracting firm who primarily works with customers needing repairs to their property from storm damage. We are experts in the field, with an emphasis on window related storm damage. We are regarded by our peers and the insurance company as experts, and are used as a resource by both.
2. Kindly give us a brief description about yourself (it should include your brief educational or entrepreneurial background and list some of your major achievements).
Ans: I have owned a construction company for 10 years. I am a father of two, and husband. I have an education in business and accounting, and have been involved in contracting for most of my adult life.
3. What inspired you to (start a new business venture) or (to make significant changes in an existing business)? How did the idea for your business come about?
Ans: I was inspired by the lack of expertise and professionalism in the field.
4. What three pieces of advice would you give to budding entrepreneurs?
Ans: Never listen to detractors, never make concessions, never doubt in yourself.
5. What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
Ans: Time management skills, failure is not an option attitude, great people skills
6. How many hours do you work a day on average?
7. To what do you most attribute your success?
Ans: Hard work.
8. How do you go about marketing your business? What has been your most successful form of marketing?
Ans: I have used radio and internet, nothing great so far.
9. Where did your organizations funding/capital come from and how did you go about getting it? How did you obtain investors for your venture?
Ans: My own cash.
10. What is the best way to achieve long-term success?
Ans: Take great care of your employees and customers.
11. Where you see yourself and your business in 5 – 10 years?
Ans: 2-3x growth.
12. Excluding yours, what company or business do you admire the most?
13. How important have good employees been to your success?
Ans: Everything. Without them you will fail.
14. How long do you stick with an idea before giving up?
Ans: As long as I believe in it.
15. What motivates you?
Ans: My boys and my wife.
16. What are your ideals?
Ans: God, Family, Country.
17. How do you generate new ideas?
Ans: They come to me when I am hard at work, solving everyday problems.
18. How do you define success?
Ans: Profits for myself as well as my employees, and happy customers.
19. How do you build a successful customer base?
Ans: Take great care of them.
20. What is your favorite aspect of being an entrepreneur?
21. What has been your most satisfying moment in business?
Ans: Taking my employees on vacation.
22. What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else?
Ans: No fear of losing.
23. What kind of culture exists in your organization? How did you establish this tone and why did you institute this particular type of culture?
Ans: No complaining, just hard work.
24. In one word, characterize your life as an entrepreneur.