- Kindly give our readers an introduction to your business. Please include what your business is all about, in which city you are located and if you have offices in multiple locations/ cities.
Ans: Manuels Body Shop is located in Culver City California. Established in 1970 by the founder Manuel Rodriguez. Then passed on to Freddy Robledo in the mid 2000’s. Manuels Body shop, is focused in providing top customer service and determined to guarantee its quality of work on any type of work. Manuels Body Shop works on Frame repairs, dent removals, body repairs, ac re charge, windshield replacements and more.
- Kindly give us a brief description about yourself (it should include your brief educational or entrepreneurial background and list some of your major achievements).
Ans: I (Freddy Robledo) was born in a small town in Mexico and immigrated to the US in the 1990’s and started working for Manuel in the mid 1990’s and thru hard work and dedication I found myself being promoted from the person cleaning the shop, opening and closing to writing estimates for clients right along side Manuel. With time I was promoted to Manager. With more hard work and dedication I was offered to take over the shop in 07’. I’ve gained what I have thru hard work and dedication. Little to no school, all thru day to day endeavors to learn more and make more of myself.
- What inspired you to (start a new business venture) or (to make significant changes in an existing business)? How did the idea for your business come about?
Ans: My motivation in life was/is to become something bigger than myself. Live the American dream. I was always open to learning and failing, knowing that each step is progress in my dreams. In Manuels Body Shop, as I saw myself progressing, I knew being owner one day was achievable, I may not be ready but I knew the opportunity was going to present it self. With time I saw systems in place that could be improved, ways we could save on materials, save time in processes. Even the way we could handle incoming clients. This are ambitions that came about in my journey I presented to Manuel and took one myself.
- What three pieces of advice would you give to budding entrepreneurs?
Ans: If you love what you do, don’t stop, don’t quit. Keep your head up and attractive the right people to make your dreams happen
- What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
A. Being a Leader
B. Be Goal Oriented
C. Risk Taker
- How many hours do you work a day on average?
Ans: 13 hours on average.
- To what do you most attribute your success?
Ans: Keeping focused on my goals. Not matter how bad the situation got, I knew it couldn’t last.
- How do you go about marketing your business? What has been your most successful form of marketing?
Ans: I have my team go out to nearby colleges and universities and hand out 10 % off flyers to students. We’d have a influx of students come in for the discount. Now a days thats changed but concepts is still the same with online advertising.
- Where did your organizations funding/capital come from and how did you go about getting it?
Ans: Funding the jump from manager to owner was friends and family. Along side the bank loan for first time business owners
- What is the best way to achieve long-term success?
Ans: Have the right team around you and focused on long terms goals that help sustain and grow the business.
- Where you see yourself and your business in 5 – 10 years?
Ans: Within 5 to 10 years we see ourselves with certified Aluminum frame and weld experts. Improved customer experience and enlarged storage location.
- Excluding yours, what company or business do you admire the most?
Ans: Tesla, brand and showroom for customers is what I admire and desire to have in my shop one day. Thats the status and brand identity I will have for the shop.