- Kindly give our readers an introduction to your business. Please include what your business is all about, in which city you are located and if you have offices in multiple locations/ cities.
Ans: We are a company based in Renfrewshire we also have an office in Glasgow, we provide solutions for those who need to sell there house fast due to personal circumstances for example they may need to relocate due to work , divorce/separation , moving abroad , downsizing or too many repairs needed , there are many more possible reasons for needing a quick sale . We provide a service for such people in these circumstances to complete a quick hassle free sale to enable sellers to move on with there life’s.
- Kindly give us a brief description about yourself (it should include your brief educational or entrepreneurial background and list some of your major achievements).
Ans: My name is Fraser Murray I left high school before my 16th birthday passing all my exams in 7 different subjects , I always had a dream of being a professional footballer for as long as I can remember so when I was offered a professional contract to leave school after my exams my dream was becoming a reality . With this happening I didn’t further my education as I was so focused on making a successful career out of football but in later life that was to become a regret. I then moved to London just before my 16th birthday an that was when I turned from a boy to a man as I had to grow up fast learning so much being away from home way out my comfort zone finding my way in my young adult life. I had a great start as I was promoted from youth team to reserves in my first season at the age of 16 I was living my dream, as I progressed over the next few years little did I know my world my dream was about to collapse when I discovered an irregular heart beat after no feeling great for a while , I then had to have heart surgery which helped but I was advised that putting my heart under the pressure a professional athlete does would be a major risk therefor my dream my professional football career was over. It took me a few years to recover physically and mentally from the devastating news . This was when I discovered a lot about my self and my character . I then found I was interested in construction and pursued a career in various roles for 15 years or so mainly on new build sites for some of the biggest house builders in the uk .
- What inspired you to (start a new business venture) or (to make significant changes in an existing business)? How did the idea for your business come about?
Ans: Over the last 5 years I started to think about how to combine the things I like to help create a business , as I liked the property side of things , I also love to be able to help people in life so the idea of helping people with there property problems was appealing to me to create a business that I will be passionate about. The thing that inspired me to start my own business was my wife , around 10 years ago she was diagnosed with a degenerative condition I then started to think how I could free up more time to spend with her and look after her and also to give her the life she deserves , she gives me the motivation and drive I need to be successful in business.
- What three pieces of advice would you give to budding entrepreneurs?
Ans: BELIEVE IN YOUR SELF
FOCUS (follow one course until successful)
NEVER GIVE UP
- What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
- How many hours do you work a day on average?
Ans: The hours I work vary some days it can be 18 hours some days its just a few hours , I like to get things done as they arise rather than putting them off.
I would attribute my success by putting my clients needs first before anything else.
- To what do you most attribute your success?
Ans: I market my business both online and offline , online mainly through social media and click funnels as well as website. Offline can be a number of ways like leaflets, bandit signs, flyers , direct to seller letters, postcards, posters etc. With the internet and social media becoming more and more popular online marketing is more successful at the moment.
- How do you go about marketing your business? What has been your most successful form of marketing?
Ans: When starting out I had some savings I used to start up the business , I then marketed online and offline for investor partners for buying property from those who need a quick sale.
- What is the best way to achieve long-term success?
Ans: My view to achieve long term success is to generate a predictable monthly cash flow then start to build assets for the company. I see my self over the next 5 – 10 years working on my business rather than in it if that makes sense as I plan to outsource the time consuming tasks so I can concentrate on the companies key performance indicator.
- What is your favorite aspect of being an entrepreneur?
Ans: A lot of people ask me what my favourite part of being an entrepreneur is , income and influence are both wonderful , but my favourite part is the freedom.
- Excluding yours, what company or business do you admire the most?
Ans: Amazon is a company I admire as they consistently adapt to modern technology always striving to improve and always innovating to stay top of their game.
- What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else?
Ans: In my opinion the difference between an entrepreneur and those who work for someone else is that an employee is paid for there time an entrepreneur is paid based on the value they bring to the market.