In order for your interview to be posted on Magazine/News Placement Sites, please answer the mandatory questions listed below. We also highly encourage that you answer the questions in the “Recommended section. The more questions you can answer, the better your interview will look.
Please try and be honest and avoid “cliche” answers.
Also, make sure to send in a high resolution photo (preferably head-shot) with this interview. If you can send additional photos (of your company) it will help. You can also send a video of your company with the interview. Please make note that the more information you send, the better your interview will stand out from others.
Please be advised that we may not use all answers provided. If you want to preview the interview before we post it, kindly let us know.
Mandatory Questions –
- Please give our readers an introduction to your business. Please include what your business is all about, in which city you are located and if you have offices in multiple locations/ cities.
Go! Girl Guides publishes the world’s first and only series of travel guidebooks made for women. Our guidebooks focus on women’s health and safety in different destinations, and feature tips on how to travel independently around the globe.
- Please give us a brief description about yourself (it should include your brief educational or entrepreneurial background and list some of your major achievements).
Kelly Lewis is the founder of Go! Girl Guides and a women’s travel expert. In addition to Go! Girl Guides, she’s also the founder of the Women’s Travel Fest, an annual conference that aims to inspire and empower women to travel the world. Most recently she also started a boutique women’s tour company called Damesly, that creates trips for creative and professional women. She has been featured in the New York Times, Travel + Leisure, CNN, Conde Nast Traveler and the BBC.
- What inspired you to (start a new business venture) or (to make significant changes in an existing business)? How did the idea for your business come about?
Go! Girl Guides was actually a dream that I had in the middle of the night, in which I was looking at a series of guidebooks for women thinking “this is totally your calling!” Prior to this I had been working in journalism as an editor for an arts publication. I knew I loved traveling, but I couldn’t figure out how to earn a living from it. Until now!
- What three pieces of advice would you give to budding entrepreneurs?
Invest off the bat on professional designers – how you present your business is everything. Don’t quit your side job until this becomes your profitable main job, and remember why it is you are doing what you’re doing.
- What kind of culture exists in your organization? How did you establish this tone and why did you institute this particular type of culture?
Go! Girl Guides is made up of several female travel freelancers based around the world who are passionate and excited about traveling and the difference they’ve seen in their own lives because of travel.
- In one word, characterize your life as an entrepreneur.