1. A deck building company. We are a start to finish deck builder. We handle the quote, purchase all the materials and do the actual construction. Our focus is on decks, but we do instal pergolas and roof covers.
2. We are based out of Parker. Our service area includes the region south of Hampton (Highlands Ranch, Parker, Castle Rock) but my brother in law also has a branch that services, Littleton, Lakewood, Englewood and those areas.
Q. Give us a brief description about yourself (it should include your brief educational or entrepreneurial background and list some of your major achievements).
1. My dad and I are the business owners. Dad started 15 years ago as side gig. He built his own deck and enjoyed it so he started a small business. He had five sons and thought it was a good way teach the boys about work.
2. I have an undergraduate degree in accounting and an MBA in finance. I was sitting at my desk one day and realized I hated sitting at a desk. I called my dad and asked if we could try and make the business a full-time thing.
3. My dad has an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering and a professional engineering license.
4. About ½ of the family works for the business in one capacity or another. We are truly family owned and operated.
Q. What inspired you to (start a new business venture) or (to make significant changes in an existing business)? How did the idea for your business come about?
1. See above answer
Q. What is the process for building a deck?
1. The customer calls and we discuss what they are looking for. We schedule a time to see the site and take measurements so that we can produce an accurate bid. Once the bid is approved we schedule the work into our calendar and our crews are usually out to build in 2-3 weeks.
2. Our busiest times are April through July as people are getting ready for the summer.
Q. What are some of the benefits of adding a custom deck to my home?
1. The client gets to design the deck exactly how they want it. We draw and engineer their vision.
1. A custom deck will meet the lay of the land and house.
2. Great for BBQs or parties, especially in the warm months beginning of fall. The weather here in Denver is still pretty nice then.
3. The deck can be designed for specific functions such as eating dinner with your family or relaxing with a book.
4. A deck makes yards more useful especially true for new builds where contractors often just leave a slab of concrete and some dirt.
Q. What are the different deck and fence materials used?
1. We are a Trex supplier and we use mainly their products. We will also use redwood, cedar and other composites.
Q. What type of material should I choose for my project?
1. The type of material will depend on deck use, aesthetics and maintenance schedule. The most beautiful material is redwood but there is maintenance required every few years here in Colorado. We encourage most people to use composite for low maintenance. We also like to use wrought iron rails.
Q. How do I choose the right General Contractor for my Deck Construction?
Look for someone you trust. Honesty and integrity are important. Not all contractors are known for those qualities and we want to rise above that stigma. We recommend getting multiple quotes and finding the contractor who will give you a fair price and be able to perform quality work.