1. Kindly give our readers an introduction to your business. Please include what your business is all about, in which city you are located and if you have offices in multiple locations/ cities.
Ans: Kool PWC Stuff was created out of need for aftermarket personal watercraft accessories for coolers, fishing and ability to carry extra fuel. Kool PWC Stuff started in 2012 as the only US company to create a universal jet ski fishing, Jet ski cooler and jet ski fuel racks.
2. Kindly give us a brief description about yourself (it should include your brief educational or entrepreneurial background and list some of your major achievements).
Ans: Bob Chamberlain: I have been the helping business both in the technology and advertising world for over 25 years and an avid fisherman since I was a child and jet ski fanatic since 2000. My experience in the personal watercraft industry was mostly a user of the equipment and accessories, but by talking to the powersports industry through out years I saw need for additional storage, coolers and fishing to be a great opportunity to solve a need for jet ski accessories and mainly in the jet ski fishing and coolers at that time. Through years the major players such as Sea Doo, Yamaha and Kawasaki all which have purchased our products and watched the industry grow very rapidly to be one of the fast part of the fishing industry growth so much that Sea Doo in Late 2018 came out with jet ski just for fishing call the Fish Pro.
3. What inspired you to (start a new business venture) or (to make significant changes in an existing business)? How did the idea for your business come about?
Ans: Funny story in the fact that I sold my fishing boat after my children grew up and moved away who were my fishing buddies. I still wanted to fish so I created a fishing/cooler rack for my personal jet ski and it created a lot of response from other fisherman and jet ski enthusiast. So I saw the need and talking to powersports dealers the agreed that the jet skis have limited storage, cooler space etc and this was great idea to solve many of the complaints of their customers.
4. What three pieces of advice would you give to budding entrepreneurs?
Ans: Find a Niche, Create the product and market the hell of it!
5. What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
Ans: Having an open mind and always look for unique opportunities, learn and consult with industry and business experts about the specific industry and acknowledge that you can never stop learning about the industry.
6. How many hours do you work a day on average?
Ans: Normal business hours 40+
7. To what do you most attribute your success?
Ans: Research and market opportunities
8. How do you go about marketing your business? What has been your most successful form of marketing?
Ans: Today’s consumers journey runs across many different channels, so we market in google search, social media, video and display marketing. All are very important because consumers search and surf every day, watch video and visit social media every day. Everyone uses their smart as the number one source seek and find what they are looking for every day.
9. Where did your organizations funding/capital come from and how did you go about getting it? How did you obtain investors for your venture?
Ans: We are self-funded
10. What is the best way to achieve long-term success?
Ans: Stay current, innovate and market
11. Where you see yourself and your business in 5 – 10 years?
Ans: Continue to be the number leader in the industry
12. Excluding yours, what company or business do you admire the most?
Ans: Telsa, salesforce, Apple
Ans: All are innovators
13. How important have good employees been to your success?
Ans: Critical, Quality work and employee satisfaction are a priority
14. How long do you stick with an idea before giving up?
Ans: As long as it takes to see if is going to work or not work.
15. What motivates you?
Ans: Solving problems, Challenges and innovating concepts and products.
16. What are your ideals?
Ans: So many to put down on paper but follow the markets and find the niche areas.
17. How do you generate new ideas?
Ans: Watching Social media and financial markets
18. How do you define success?
Ans: Success only come after failing a few times.
19. How do you build a successful customer base?
Ans: Marketing and referrals
20. What is your favorite aspect of being an entrepreneur?
Ans: The challenge and the success of find the niches.
21. What has been your most satisfying moment in business?
Ans: There as been so many but creating products that solve issues.
22. What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else?
Ans: Entrepreneurs take risk, work harder and have better satisfaction in the results of their work.
23. What kind of culture exists in your organization? How did you establish this tone and why did you institute this particular type of culture?
Ans: An open, energetic, collaborative and team work culture
24. In one word, characterize your life as an entrepreneur.
25. If you had the chance to start your career over again, what would you do differently?
Ans: Leverage more industry experts early in my career.
26. How has being an entrepreneur affected your family life?
Ans: Fun, challenging and satisfying
27. What is your greatest fear, and how do you manage fear?
Ans: Heath issue, things beyond our control
28. How did you decide on the location for your business?
Ans: There is lot support, expertise and industries we can work closely with.
29. Do you believe there is some sort of pattern or formula to becoming a successful entrepreneur?
Ans: Attitude and the willing to take risk
30. If you could talk to one person from history, who would it be and why?
Ans: Steve jobs because was a huge innovator that understood vision
31. Who has been your greatest inspiration?
Ans: Setting an example for My kids and grand children
32. What book has inspired you the most? (OR what is your favorite book?)
Ans: To many to list
33. What are some of the biggest mistakes you’ve made?
Ans: Not enough funding on some projects
34. How can you prevent mistakes or do damage control?
Ans: Mistakes and failures is part of success so just don’t give up
35. What are your hobbies? What do you do in your non-work time?
Ans: Jet ski fishing, golf and outdoor activities
36. What makes you happy?
Ans: Being with family
37. What sacrifices have you had to make to be a successful entrepreneur?
Ans: Many but time and money being on forefront.