• If you had the chance to start your career over again, what would you do differently?
◦ If I had the chance to start my career over again, I would have done it much earlier. Advancements technology, innovation, automation, and client servicing have certainly improved over the years but the one thing that has never changed is building relationships.
• How has being an entrepreneur affected your family life?
◦ Being an entrepreneur has had its ups and downs like any career or job, but overall, I wouldn’t change it for the world. Having the flexibility to do what needs to be done without the constant red tape, being able to set my own schedule, and the ability to work remote has made family life that much easier!
• What is your greatest fear, and how do you manage fear?
◦ My greatest fear in business is losing a client. Not for the financial repercussions, but the fact that we potentially let someone down or dropped the ball does create an almost constant anxiety. With that said, the positive here is that we continually strive to go above and beyond for our clients to ensure we provide them the best possible value.
• How did you decide on the location for your business?
◦ We decided to open our business in Surprise, AZ because it is home. Surprise, AZ is a large, yet small community with awesome roots, a great sense of community, and tons of opportunity. The City of Surprise has been very welcoming, providing tools, resources, and coaching to help us succeed as a business!
• Do you believe there is some sort of pattern or formula to becoming a successful entrepreneur?
◦ I don’t think there is any one thing, a pattern, or formula to becoming successful… It takes persistence, an untiring commitment, and most importantly, you must believe in yourself. As a small business owner, you can’t be afraid to take risks. That doesn’t mean you make irrational decisions, that means that you plan, you think things through, and stay organized. As opportunities present themselves, don’t be afraid to take a leap of faith every now and then…
• If you could talk to one person from history, who would it be and why?
◦ If I could talk to one person from history, it would people like Zig Ziglar, Larry Ellison, or David Sandler. These were the greatest salesmen of their day and created some of the best education programs of all time. The truly believe in the art of relationship building and fulfilling a client’s needs.
• Who has been your greatest inspiration?
◦ My wife, Joleen Amos, has been the greatest inspiration. She has had overcome so much adversity in life to get where she is today, most will never know her true story. With that said, she is an amazing person and I am blessed to have such an awesome business partner.
• What book has inspired you the most? (OR what is your favorite book?)
• What are some of the biggest mistakes you’ve made?
◦ When looking back, one of the biggest mistakes that I have made is not investing more time in myself. As a small business owner, it is very easy to get caught up in the day-to-day grind and forget that we should be learning something new each and every day!
• How can you prevent mistakes or do damage control?
◦ As a business owner, I don’t know if there is necessarily a way to prevent mistakes, mistakes are inevitable. You can try your best to dot every “I” and cross every “T” but the reality is that we are human beings. We are imperfect. The real question is how to you mitigate any negative impact to your client. Honesty is always the best policy so being transparent with our clients is our number 1 priority. This way, we can tackle the problem together and have better dialogue to prevent a similar issue in the future.
• What are your hobbies? What do you do in your non-work time?
◦ As a family, we love the outdoors! Getting out into nature is a major stress reliever and helps create balance in our lives. We enjoy trail riding in our UTV, going out to the lake, camping in the forest, and more!
• What makes you happy?
◦ Happy clients. Happy family. Happy staff. That is what makes me happy! I love surrounding myself with positive energy!
• What sacrifices have you had to make to be a successful entrepreneur?
◦ As an entrepreneur, you are bound to make some sacrifices early on. For us, we found ourselves spending long hours in the office, nights, and weekends in pursuit of our dream. Our sacrifices are what make our success that much sweeter! Knowing that nothing was given to us, everything was earned makes us appreciate what we have that much more!
• If you were conducting this interview, what question would you ask?
◦ Would you do it over again? Yes, 100 times over!
For more information visit us at https://noboundaries.marketing/