• Kindly give our readers an introduction to your business. Please include what your business is all about, in which city you are located and if you have offices in multiple locations/ cities.
Pantusa Towing is a full-service towing company helping individuals, companies, and municipalities with their towing needs. We currently have locations in El Paso and San Antonio, Texas as well as Atlanta, Georgia.
• Kindly give us a brief description about yourself (it should include your brief educational or entrepreneurial background and list some of your major achievements).
My background is in the insurance and risk management field, specializing in commercial insurance. I hold a CLCS designation. I earned my degree from The University of Texas at San Antonio before starting my entrepreneurial journey.
• What inspired you to (start a new business venture) or (to make significant changes in an existing business)? How did the idea for your business come about?
My wife, Dorian, and I wanted to start a trucking company that prioritized safety first and foremost and excellent customer care. We both envisioned a team of talented and licensed drivers with the same dedication that we do. Our team members all have a heart of a servant and the mindset of a champion. We all passionately strive for excellence.
• What three pieces of advice would you give to budding entrepreneurs?
Work hard. Set your goals and find a team who will further them. Be a dedicated servant to your customers.
• What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
Strong work ethic–There are always challenges that present themselves on a daily basis. You have to be committed to working through them. You cannot be overwhelmed by big jobs and hard work. Customer service skills–The job is more than just completing the task. The customer’s experience is just as important as finishing the job. We always focus on making it a positive experience for our customers even in the most trying moments. Team building skills–Your team has to feel valued and supported if you want their best. Dorian and I treat our team with respect and they give the same back.
• How many hours do you work a day on average?
Towing is a 24/7 kind of job. Emergencies do not wait for business hours. My hours vary greatly based upon our customers’ needs.
• To what do you most attribute your success?
Hard work and perseverance
• What is the best way to achieve long-term success?
Set goals and work towards them daily. Constantly look for ways to improve and become more efficient.
• Where you see yourself and your business in 5 – 10 years?
Dorian and I look forward to growing our business and serving more customers throughout Texas and Georgia.
• How important have good employees been to your success?
Towing is a team sport. Success only happens when we have a team working towards it. Whether it is the dispatcher in the office or the driver on the scene, both employees play a vital role in our work. Dorian and I have assembled a team of champions who are dedicated to their personal growth and the growth of Pantusa Towing.
• How long do you stick with an idea before giving up?
We change an idea whenever we have a better one. I am constantly talking with Dorian and our team about how to improve our methods, equipment, and process.
• What motivates you?
Dorian. I’m motivated to keep building a business that helps us care for our family and our team.
• What are your ideals?
Respect, honesty, integrity
• How do you generate new ideas?
Dorian and I brainstorm together. We also bring in the team whenever they have expertise.
• How do you define success?
Success is being respected by your family, team, and customers for your integrity and service. I am proud to be leading a team known for our values and professionalism.
• How do you build a successful customer base?
When we care for a customer on the roadside, they have a positive experience and then they are much more likely to share. Happy customers are the best advertisement for sure. They will probably tell their friends and maybe even write an online review.
• What is your favorite aspect of being an entrepreneur?
Freedom. I enjoy being able to build by business on my ideals and not have to compromise.
• What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else?
When you work for yourself, you can prioritize your values and goals differently than you would if you were an employee.
• What kind of culture exists in your organization? How did you establish this tone and why did you institute this particular type of culture?
We have a very positive culture at Pantusa Towing. Our team is a family. They know that Dorian and I are taking every measure possible to keep them safe and make sure they are happy. Our team delivers that same dedication right back to us.
• In one word, characterize your life as an entrepreneur.
• How has being an entrepreneur affected your family life?
My family life is better for it. I enjoy getting to work with my wife daily. We are building this business together.
• Do you believe there is some sort of pattern or formula to becoming a successful entrepreneur?
Decide on your goals and values. Find a team to follow you with the same mindset. Keep trying to improve and grow.
Business Name: Pantusa Towing & Recovery, LLC
Address 1: 26575 Interstate 10 West
Zip Code: 78006
Phone no.: (210) 775-0628
Address 2: 3920 Square Dance Road
City/Town: El Paso
Zip Code: 79938
Tel No: (915) 975-7356
Address 3: 5711 Riverview Rd. SE
Zip Code: 30126
Tel No: (470) 823-7464
Address 4: 1704 West Main St.
Zip Code: 37064
Tel No: (615) 543-5324
GMB Link: https://maps.google.com/maps?cid=2451694055819203011
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ pantusa_towing/
YT Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0zfQLwvdtQkaXWECUQcGOw