DocMJ, building the most trusted medical marijuana practice available for patients.
• Kindly give our readers an introduction to your business. Please include what your business is all about, in which city you are located and if you have offices in multiple locations/ cities.
Established in 2016, DocMJ has grown to become Florida’s largest and most experienced group of Certified Medical Marijuana physicians providing recommendations to qualified patients. We have over 40 doctors and over 30 locations serving patients throughout the entire state of Florida.
• Kindly give us a brief description about yourself (it should include your brief educational or entrepreneurial background and list some of your major achievements).
My name is Aaron Bloom and I’m the CEO of DocMJ. I come from a background in health care law, long-term care facilities, and business leadership. Since taking over the helm, DocMJ has achieved month over month growth for the past 1.5 years.
• What inspired you to (start a new business venture) or (to make significant changes in an existing business)? How did the idea for your business come about?
DocMJ was originally created by a physician with a goal to provide the best patient care available to those in need of medical marijuana within the state of FL. My goal was to take DocMJ to the next level in growth, not just in our patient base but also expanding outside the state of FL into other states where medical marijuana is legal to recommend in order to bring relief to as many patients as possible.
• What three pieces of advice would you give to budding entrepreneurs?
1) Know your outcome – in other words, create a clear plan of action with clear goals that will ensure you achieve the results you seek
2) Marketing matters – if you don’t know how to do something, find people who do (e.g., hire an outsourced marketing agency)
3) Be sure you understand what is an “investment” that will eventually produce an ROI vs. a fixed cost w/ no ROI but still necessary to do.
• What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
1) Involve your team and listen – your ideas may not always be the best.
2) Foster an environment where people feel part of something larger than themselves.
3) Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
• How many hours do you work a day on average?
8-12, but when you are fulfilled by the mission of the company, and enjoy the people you work with, it doesn’t feel like work.
• To what do you most attribute your success?
Listening to experts, making sound decisions based on data, and never stop learning.
• How do you go about marketing your business? What has been your most successful form of marketing?
◦ Hired a marketing firm that provided our own “marketing director” who not only creates a customized strategy with my input, but also leads an entire team of marketers across all functional areas (digital, social media, email, content and more)
◦ Effective website design plus strong SEO and tracking metrics
• Where did your organization’s funding/capital come from and how did you go about getting it? How did you obtain investors for your venture?
◦ We are privately funded (won’t disclose who, how we obtained them).
• What is the best way to achieve long-term success?
◦ Take care of your team and remain focused on the needs and experience of your patients.
• Where do you see yourself and your business in 5 – 10 years?
◦ We aspire to be the largest and most respected medical marijuana physician group in America.
• Excluding yours, what company or business do you admire the most?
◦ I have a new appreciation for marketing firms and what they do for their clients.
• How important have good employees been to your success?
◦ This is absolutely key to our success. The work at DocMJ depends on the dedicated efforts of many medical professionals and people dedicated to helping our patients obtain the relief they are seeking.
• How long do you stick with an idea before giving up?
◦ Until data proves that the idea simply won’t work or is not the best option any longer.
• What motivates you
◦ Helping patients get relief from medicinal cannabis.
• What are your ideals?
◦ I believe in being humble, ethical and transparent in all areas of business.
• How do you define success?
◦ Several ways, such as the number of new patients, the growth in patient retention, our company culture, and our revenue growth.
• How do you build a successful customer base?
◦ Provide an incredible patient experience at a fair price
◦ Perform excellent marketing to grow patient leads
• What has been your most satisfying moment in business?
◦ Seeing patients get better and/or experience significant relief because of what we do.
• What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else?
◦ Mindset – people who work for others don’t tend to have a desired outcome in mind and fear failure.
• What kind of culture exists in your organization? How did you establish this tone and why did you institute this particular type of culture?
◦ We are a very nurturing culture with people focused toward the common goal of improving patients’ lives.
◦ We have to communicate openly and frequently so everyone knows/understands their role and how it contributes to improving patients’ lives.
◦ Our culture allows employees to learn and grow with our company’s success.
• In one word, characterize your life as an entrepreneur.
Reach out to DocMJ to see if your condition qualifies you for a medical marijuana card and to learn more about how medical marijuana may be able to help you get back to counting sheep.
Business Name: DocMJ
Phone: (888) 441-4576
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT TODAY
APPLY FOR A MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD