As part of our SEO work for Oxford, Harbinger has an opportunity to place interviews as well as PR into magazine and news placement sites (that will spread out across the appropriate geographic areas).
In order for our interview to be posted on Magazine/News Placement Sites, can you (Jamie) answer the mandatory questions listed below. We would also suggest answering the “Recommended” ones as well so they can do a robust write-up. The list of questions we are asking are the ones most Public Relations company uses to prepare before scheduling an interview.
Please note the magazine/placement sites reserve the final right on selecting which answers to publish as well as any story angles to use.
Lastly and most importantly, this is for SEO and likely will not be seen by anyone doing searches or being tied to your website. It is an exercise to help with the Google algorithm and NOT to expose Oxford Financial Advisors to anything other than improved SEO.
Mandatory Questions –
• Kindly give our readers an introduction to your business. Please include what your business is all about, in which city you are located and if you have offices in multiple locations/ cities.
Comfort Air Corporation was founded in 1978 with the mission of providing reliable HVAC services to customers in Savannah and the surrounding areas. Our office is located in Savannah, GA. We are a full-service HVAC company serving residential and commercial customers.
• Kindly give us a brief description about yourself (it should include your brief educational or entrepreneurial background and list some of your major achievements).
My name is Larry White and I’m the CEO of Comfort Air Corporation. My journey into entrepreneurial work happened because of my passion for HVAC. After working in the HVAC industry for 12 years, I was laid off from my job in commercial air conditioning. I tried a variety of jobs in manufacturing, but I found myself missing the HVAC world. Although I hoped to get back into the industry, I did not initially expect that I would do that by starting my own business. In 1977, my brother worked for Georgia Power and he introduced me to the geothermal heat pump, the latest and most efficient heating and cooling source at that time. By leveraging this technology, I saw an opportunity to break into the HVAC market in Savannah. I saved money and made sacrifices to get the resources I needed to start my business in 1978. The company has grown significantly over the years and I’m proud of my company that started from such humble beginnings.
• What inspired you to (start a new business venture) or (to make significant changes in an existing business)? How did the idea for your business come about?
I was inspired to start the business so I could create an HVAC business with the values that matter to me. I wanted to start a business that truly put customers and their comfort first.
• What three pieces of advice would you give to budding entrepreneurs?
Prepare to work. Find valuable people who share your vision. Make exceptional customer care your first priority.
• What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
A strong desire to succeed, a willingness to work and improve, and the discernment to pick the right team to help further your vision.
• How many hours do you work a day on average?
The HVAC industry is a 24/7 kind of industry. HVAC emergencies often happen outside of the typical 9-5 hours. I may not work 24/7, but I have to have someone ready to help customers at any hour.
• To what do you most attribute your success?
My commitment to customer care
• What is the best way to achieve long-term success?
Constantly improving is essential for long-term success. We are always looking for ways to do our job better as well as technology to improve the quality of our work. Long-term success is directly impacted by how well we serve our customers. If customers know they can count on our company, they will continue to use us for the years to come.
• Where do you see yourself and your business in 5 – 10 years?
We expect that we will continue to grow and serve more clients in the Savannah area.
Recommended Questions –
• How important have good employees been to your success?
I depend on my employees to represent our company’s name and values well. They are the face of reassurance and comfort for our customers. My company’s success greatly depends on their commitment to service and excellence each day.
• How long do you stick with an idea before giving up?
Our team likes to collaborate to find the best ways to serve our clients. We give up an idea whenever we find a more efficient or effective solution.
• What motivates you?
We are motivated from within to be the comforting presence for our customers that we would want for ourselves and our families.
• What are your ideals?
Customer care, dependability, and professionalism
• How do you generate new ideas?
Collaboration with our team
• How do you define success?
Being respected by our customers, community, and families.
• How do you build a successful customer base?
Satisfied customers are the best advertisement for a business. They will be more likely to share our name with their friends and family. We seek to build long-term relationships with our clients so that they will trust us with their family’s comfort every time and recommend us to their friends and family.
• What is your favorite aspect of being an entrepreneur?
I enjoy the freedom to lead my business and be my own boss.
• What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else?
• What kind of culture exists in your organization? How did you establish this tone and why did you institute this particular type of culture?
Our team truly views each other like family. We care about each other and we encourage each other to be our best for every client.
• In one word, characterize your life as an entrepreneur.
Optional Questions –
• How has being an entrepreneur affected your family life?
Family always comes first and I think being an entrepreneur allows me to make sure it stays that way.